Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Delicious Lemon Pie

As I said before, you never know what will remind me of a story. Today it was an article about pie crusts.

I took a cooking class in Jr. College. (Yes I did! Stop laughing!) I learned to make the best meringue. My grandma made the best pie crusts in the world so I joined with her to make my sweetheart a delicious Lemon Meringue pie. My meringue was perfect as was Grandma's Special Pie Crust. Dewey started eating the pie with plenty of Yums of appreciation. It was only after Grandma and I tasted the pie that we realized we'd left the sugar out of the filling! Now that's love when a guy will say Yum over a lemon pie without sugar! In Gram's and my defense, we never claimed to know how to make a good filling.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Did you realize that your last two posts were not only about food, but DESSERT???

ROFLOL

SSquyres said...

I was more focused on the "It remindes me of a story" and completely missed how focused I must be on dessert!" grins