You never know what will remind me of a story or event. Yesterday my friend Jolene wrote, "I just made a batch of homemade peach sorbet..." It reminded me of a special time with my Sis-in-Law. Be patient .. you'll see why "peaches" reminded me of the story eventually.
My Sister-in-Law, Helen, is a Gospel pianist bar none. There are not enough words to describe her talent in Gospel piano playing. She can play Anything ... but she is not fond of playing classical music.
She was the church pianist when we were in Pasadena. I wanted to sing The Palms for Palm Sunday. Knowing she would want plenty of time to learn the song, I gave it to her a few weeks early. She put the music on the piano and played through it, struggling a little. She turned to me and exclaimed, "I will learn this because I love you, and I will do a Very Good Job. However, I WILL get even!"
A couple of weeks later, she invited us to her home for dinner. Now the only thing to rival her piano playing is her cooking. She prepared a Mexican buffet for us. The food was piled all along two counters of her kitchen. We filled our plates TWICE. When we were full to the brim, she brought out homemade peach ice-cream for dessert. Well you can't possibly turn down homemade peach ice-cream so we stuffed ourselves even more.
Then she exclaimed, "Now we are going to practice The Palms!" Of course, she played the song note perfect. I struggled with every breath. "Oer all the GASP way GASP green palms GASP and blossoms GASP gay are strewn GASP"
I don't know how she continued playing because she was laughing so hard she almost fell off the piano bench. She exclaimed, "I told you I'd get even!"
You never know what will remind me of a story!!! Peaches anyone?
Cruise Day 10
14 years ago

3 comments:
That is just too funny! HUGS!
That was a yummy day. We got to enjoy the cooking and didn't have to sing afterwards. Guess you were the only one in trouble, huh?
ROFLOL
Mmmmm... peach ice cream... MOOOOOOOOM!!!!!
Post a Comment