
All my life I've wanted to fly. I dream about flying. It's ever so much fun. But when I wave my arms like a bird nothing happens. When I jump and try to fly like Superman (like I fly in my dreams), again nothing happens. How sad. Maybe we get to fly in heaven. Meanwhile ....
I think there are two ways to fly while earthbound. Go to Disney's California Adventure and ride Soaring over California or ... PARASAIL.
We took a cruise to Mexico last week. It was wonderful. The highlight was parasailing in Cabo San Lucas. People seem impressed that I would do such a scary thing. Scary? Not even a tiny bit! It was so easy. I just strapped into the harness, let the crew do their work, sat down where they told me, and gently lifted up into the air. I was laughing and waving and snapping photos. I even took a picture of the shadow of the parasail in the ocean.
I love the ocean. LOVE it. I love the colors the sound the breeze. Floating over the ocean was wonderful. I wanted to parasail a lot longer. As I felt the line tugging me back to the boat, I signed, "More up!" I guess the family told the crew member what my signs meant, because he signed in return, "More DOWN!" and pretended he was going to dunk me into the water. I would not have objected to being dunked, but the worker told Jason they are not allowed to dunk cruise passengers.
I want to parasail more please. Donations are now being accepted toward my next parasailing adventure.

6 comments:
I know, everyone seems impressed by our bravery too. They have obviously not experienced the joy of flying or they would know it isn't scary.
I think the "impressed" comes in when considering how earth bound some of us might appear to be.
"I want to parasail more please. Donations are now being accepted toward my next parasailing adventure."
I will donate one 2 year old child who is in the tantrum throwing stage, not potty trained and often destroies entire rooms with unknown super powers. She must be returned when 4.
I also offer one dog that chews old and new shoes, cries if left outside too long, and does not sit, stay or jump through flaming hoops. But who does eat pom-poms and leave the remains strewn across the backyard.
You're welcome.
I am jealous, I want to parasail! I've never gotten the chance. I've always wanted to, so I can take pictures from there. Loved your photo, want to see more.
Oh how WONDERFUL!!!!
OMIGOSH - I just read David's post ROFLOL!!!!!!
Hey David, I will take your sweet curly haired terror off you anytime you want. She and Jonathan can make messes together. The dog however is another story. Ours looks like yours but she will sit, stay, fetch, and doesn't eat shoes or toys. I think I will keep my own doggie.
Post a Comment